We will be publishing new resuscitation guidelines online on 15 October 2015 following the review of resuscitation science by the International Liaison Committee on Resuscitation (ILCOR).
Changes in the guidelines will be based on the available science and aimed at simplifying clinical practice, enhancing education, and improving outcomes. The process used by the Resuscitation Council (UK) to develop and update its guidelines has NICE accreditation and is described in the Guidelines development process manual on the Council’s website.
The publication of new and revised treatment recommendations does not necessarily imply that current care is either unsafe or ineffective. We believe it is in everyone’s best interests that the current training you provide continues right up until such time as your organisation has updated its content and has made plans for local implementation. We will be updating course teaching material after the guidelines have been published and new course material will be introduced in the following stages during 2016:
- Advanced Life Support (and e-ALS) - January 2016
- Immediate Life Support - January 2016
- Focused Echocardiography in Emergency Life Support - April 2016
- Newborn Life Support - April 2016
- Advanced Resuscitation of the Newborn Infant - April 2016
- European Paediatric Life Support - April 2016
- Paediatric Immediate Life Support - April 2016
- Generic Instructor Course - April 2016
- Immediate Life Support Instructor Course - April 2016