Quality Improvement Programme
Available to all staff across the trust, including leaders, managers, team members and teams as a whole.
Quality Improvement (Q.I) explores a number of service improvement methods, where interactive activities have been designed to help bring Q.I theory and methodology to life.
Candidates will be introduced to a range of Q.I tools and taught how to implement them in a work setting. In order to bring about efficiencies, eliminate waste and streamline processes and working practices.
Depending on your level of expertise sessions have been broken down into three categories:
- Foundation ½ day workshop – Beginner level
- Practitioner full day’s workshop – Intermediate level
- Data and quantifying findings ½ day workshop – Intermediate level
By the end of the session(s) candidates you will gain an understanding of:
- Goal setting and SMART objectives
- Driver diagrams and PDSA cycles
- Process mapping
- Identifying and eliminating the 8 wastes
Content of the sessions does vary depending on the level of workshop you attend so if you are unsure as to which would be most suitable for your needs please contact the team below to discuss.
To book, please follow the link: https://www.southteeslri.co.uk/quality-improvement
Any queries can be emailed to: email@example.com