Mental Health Awareness Programme
Please can all trust staff take some time to complete the Mental Health Awareness training, by clicking on the link below.
Education Learning for Healthcare (ELfH) works in partnership with the Department of Health to produce a range of training packages. To access this course you will need a workstation with a Google Chrome facility.
This introductory session aims to raise awareness of mental health issues in health care staff. It is designed to give a broad overview of what encompasses mental illness whilst highlighting the link between mental and physical health diagnoses. It also provides some simple guidance on how best to care for someone with mental health difficulties. More detailed profession-specific learning sessions will be contained in later modules within this series.
The content and structure of the sessions was designed in collaboration with the RCGP. The session topics include Self-Harm, Psychological Therapies, Physical Health Care for Mental Health Patients and Medically Unexplained Symptoms.
All content is fully referenced and the learner is signposted to additional detailed learning resources for more advanced learning.
- Click on Register/login
- Generate a login and password if you have not already got one
- Select the title ‘Mental Health Awareness'
- Select 'Mental Health Awareness for Healthcare Professionals'
- Select 01_01 Mental Health Awareness and click on the play button
- After completion staff can print a certificate for their record
- Upon completion, please email a copy of your certificate to email@example.com